Mind and Memory Matters is a three year project by the WI Board for People with Developmental Disabilities. The WI BPDD is one of five grantees of the Alzheimer’s Disease Initiative- Specialized Supportive Services Project granted to the Department of Health Services by the Administration for Community Living. The Board’s section of this grant is meant to support these populations in Wisconsin: Individuals with both an Intellectual/Developmental Disability and Alzheimer’s or other related dementia, Family caregivers of individuals with I/DD and AD, non-medical professionals working/care giving with the I/DD population.
- Increase awareness of connection between Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities and Alzheimer’s/dementia
- Provide outreach, screening, training, consultation and support for families and individuals with I/DD
- Provide training/outreach to professionals who support people with I/DD
- Decrease Stigma surrounding Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia
- Early detection and earlier referral for services/supports
- Building a stronger knowledge base and ties between Individuals with I/DD, family members and